By fusing the traditional mechanisms of the fountain pen with a modern industrial design, TWSBI has created an eye-catching fountain pen that is simultaneously appreciative of the past and relevant in the present. The Precision FP comes with a piston filling mechanism and has all detachable parts. We felt that it was important to allow the user to disassemble and reassemble the pen and completely experience the traditional aspects of owning and using a fountain pen.
In recent years, the development and modernization of writing instruments has resulted in traditional writing instruments, such as fountain pens, falling into obscurity. It was our goal to bring the past back to life by creating a traditional fountain pen that even modern day society can appreciate.
How to Choose a Nib Size:
- If you write small, go with Extra-Fine
- For everyday use, Fine is a great choice
- If you tend to write on the larger size, Medium is perfect and does provide a smoother ink flow
- Bold is for statements - Sign a check, write a header or show off your shimmering/sheening ink
- Stub nibs are used for an italic/calligraphy writing style with the down strokes being wide and the side strokes thin.