The Diamond 580 is a workhorse of a pen, featuring a piston filling mechanism, a smooth-writing steel nib, a screw-on cap with an interior cap to keep ink from drying out, and a beautiful faceted demonstrator body.
By fusing the traditional mechanisms of the fountain pen with a modern industrial design, we have created an eye-catching fountain pen that is simultaneously appreciative of the past and relevant in the present. The Diamond 580 comes with a benchmark ink-filling mechanism and has all detachable parts. We felt that it was important to allow the user to disassemble and reassemble the pen and completely experience the traditional aspects of owning and using a fountain pen.
Every single pen is slightly different and unique in its color, not one is exactly the same.
How to Choose a Nib Size:
- If you write small, go with Extra-Fine
- For everyday use, Fine is a great choice
- If you tend to write on the larger size, Medium is perfect and does provide a smoother ink flow
- Bold is for statements - Sign a check, write a header or show off your shimmering/sheening ink
- Stub nibs are used for an italic/calligraphy writing style with the down strokes being wide and the side strokes thin.