The Visconti Homo Sapiens Skylight Fountain Pen is available for order on-line and in-store at Dromgoole's.
The Homo Sapiens 'Skylight' offers all the benefits of the original Homo Sapiens Bronze Age:
- Made from volcanic lava rock, the pen is virtually unbreakable, naturally hygroscopic and very comfortable to write with
- All trims are made from natural solid bronze
- The cap closes with Visconti's patented 'hook safe lock'
- Features the soft, buttery smooth Visconti 18kt gold fountain pen nib in rose gold vermeil to match the color of the pen's trims
Sky Light Windows
Two 'Skylight' viewing windows enable the user a view of the flowing ink within the interior of the pen:
- A large window cut into the pens barrel offering a view of stored ink in the larger ink reservoir (trimmed in natural bronze)
- A smaller window behind the pen's grip offering a view of stored ink in the pens second smaller ink reservoir
How it Works
The body of the pen is divided into two ink reservoirs, one larger in the pens barrel and one smaller behind the pens nib. When writing with the pen ink is used from the small reservoir, when ink runs out the user then transfers ink from the larger back-up reservoir to continue writing. Essentially, the larger reservoir acts as a portable 'bottle of ink' inside the pen. The two reservoirs are separated by a cut-off valve, when it is open ink can then move freely from one reservoir to the other:
- When ink in the smaller reservoir runs out, the users opens the valve to transfer ink from the larger reservoir to the smaller. Now the small reservoir is full of ink and the user can continue writing.
- Before air travel the user does the opposite and drains ink from the small reservoir back to the large reservoir and then tightens the valve. Once empty there is no ink in the small reservoir to leak out of the nib due to a change in air pressure when flying.
No product specifications available.